PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCY Remote Tower
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 15:56
good egg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chevvron
Let's face it chaps and chappeses, good egg, however much experience he has, has apparently been brainwashed into believing remote towers are a good thing, which I admit they might be for less busy airfields, but most of us have the 'natural' scepticism and caution of an experienced Air Traffic Controller when it comes to such a radical change in the way we do things.
I'm sure every ATC technological development over the years has been challenged by ATCOs from the existing and previous eras. A difference now is that, alongside the painstaking detailed analysis undertaken by ATCOs as part of safety management, it's also done, haphazardly, via social media.
People have opinions and now have an easily-accessible outlet for them (me included btw).
I'm certain though that a lot of people type before they think/investigate - it's easy to do, especially if you have an emotive response to a subject and/or limited access to relevant information.

Challenge is good though. Every new technology should be challenged. New technology can introduce benefits and risks. No one should blindly accept that new technology is better - indeed it would be foolish too.

How much each person understands those benefits & risks - and their associated management and mitigation - will shape their opinion of the new technology.

I don't consider that I have been brainwashed. I have sought out information, asked questions, considered responses and made my own assessment.

My assessment and your assessment are different.