PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inverted, unloading and reducing angle of attack on Modern Jet Aircraft
Old 30th May 2017, 10:37
Empty Cruise

ECON cruise, LR cruise...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ 111Boy,

I am sorry if my post offended you - it was a rare 'fly-off-the-handle online' moment, and abuse was not intended. However - I do believe that questioning the lack of inquisitive minds in modern airline operation does add something to the debate (even if the style of the post subtracted from this).

I think my frustration in large part stems from having taught UPRT from way before it became UPRT - and the lack of imagination encountered over the years, let alone lack of ability to consider that what was put across in the sim had any applicability in real life, has perhaps jaded my view of your average pilot group somewhat. So yes, I know what a v-n diagram is. And I know that 'imagination/creative thinking' high scores on a BMPT (ISTP, ISFP, ESTP, ESFP - you know the types) does not bode well for your airline career aspirations - but if you have examples of airlines selecting for these traits, I'd be very keen to learn.

It is encouraging that people are starting to at least ask these questions, but the lack of basic aerodynamics/flight mechanics knowledge is - with all due respect - staggering. This is why I don't frequent Prune that much - the 'professional' bit is at times lacking...