PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL question, requirements for an AOC
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 01:00
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Lead Balloon
CAR 2(7A) is not a rule. It is just a definition. And it is not exhaustive of the purposes that are deemed Private.
but don't the rules require terms to be defined? So if it defines something as explicitly 'private' and if what we are doing does things explicitly against what is in that definition surely that means they cannot be private?

so in 7(A) it explicitly says it is a private operation if "no payment is made for the services of the operating crew" and the crew ARE paid for their services, surely that means it cannot be a private operation?

Transport of Bob and his family on holidays is the personal transportation of the owner. Doesn't matter whether the pilot is paid. It is a private operation.
If it was just Bob I can see that but if his family is onboard as well and the pilot is paid that would make me read it as 'transport for the aircraft owner AND other passengers' so I see that falls foul of 7(A).

Then again you are saying being a definition not a rule so this is different... like I said, I am not getting why you see that a definition can be discounted

NB Not trying to pick an argument, genuinely curious why you see an issue here so interested in your point.

It's all down hill from here, so I'll wish you good luck...
you mean my chance of picking up a cheap 185 is not looking so good? Bugger