PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bruntingthorpe. Cold War jets this Sunday
Old 29th May 2017, 23:54
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Following the recent discussion, I just wanted to add that I went to Bruntingthorpe on Sunday, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was amazing, and will be on my permanent list from now on. My earlier quieries have now been self answered. From the exellent opportunity to get up close to the aircraft before the taxying event, to the noise (!) and exitement of the start-ups and taxy runs, to the post show getting close to aircraft and being able to chat to the crews. To their credit, the crews hung about afterwards, and chatted at leisure to people, showed kids into aircraft, and posed for photos, they were great. Not everthing runs to plan though, and the gremlins are plentiful. The Comet had a hydraulics failure the day before and the nose gear wasn't working so wasn't displayed, not even to veiw statically, the Nimrod limped to the start line then limped away, apparently also with a hydraulic failure so no brakes working, only emergency braking the Delphin jet taxied to the start line but abandoned his attempt after his nose wheel jammed, and was towed away, one of the two hunters, the twin seater, started his run then immediately fizzled out as it was obvious he had engine problems. Apart from that, everything else ran smoothly ! Overall, a great day out, and well done to everyone that makes it happen. I look forward to August's event. Here's a scene from yesterday: