PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 29th May 2017, 13:28
767neos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I want to share my experience about my assessment. Maybe could help someone with this problem.

As I wrote few months ago in this forum, I applied in September 2016 and I got a phone call from CAE just 3 weeks later. I was asked if I passed everything at the first attempt (yes) and then I was read a text and to answer few questions. At the end of the phone call she told me that she had to send to Ryanair this interview and I should have received an email with a feedback the week later. I waited more than 5 months and I didn't receive anything. So, I thought that my english wasn't so good and this was the reason I didn't get the assessment. I went 5 weeks to the UK at an english intensive course to improve it. When I came back I replied to the email Cae sent me about the incoming phone call of last October, telling them what I did during the last months and about my english course. After few days I got a new phone call and this time I was successful (the lady told me my english was improved a lot).
I went to Dublin and we were paired for the sim (one with 737 mcc and one with normal fnpt).

Airport was Birmingham rwy33. I was first pilot flying. Normal handling, turns with constant rod, track qdm, check position on charts etc.
We got an emergency before holding, so I said standby to the flight attendant, finished the turn, gave control and comm to pm. I called back the cc, she explained me the problem. I told her to apply procedures and that I'd have called her back after our decision. We discussed the problem and after had received last weather info at Birmingham we decided to divert. I got controls back and I start normal procedure for ils rwy 33 (someone of other guys got the alternative procedure).
On the first ils I was one dot right and I decided to go around. The second approach was better and I landed.
After I was pm. We got non standard departure: climb straight ahead till 2 dme ils then turn and climb 5000. After some handling we got an emergency. I suggested my partner to finish his turn to the holding and to give me controls to discuss the problem. He started talking in the turn fogetting the power in idle. I called 2 times "check speed". After the speed was below 190kt (we should maintain 220kt) I said "check power". He didn't nothing, so I push the trust levers to 60% n1 (maybe it wasn't the best option but it saved from a stall). We were brought on the ils and we landed.

For the interview I was asked:

Last mep anti ice and de ice systems (pa34 seneca)
Seats on 737 RYR
Power of 737 engines
Bypass ratio of 737 engines
Talk me about turbofan, why we use it
Turderstorms, why is dangerous flying into them
Tropopause height

HR questions:

Talk me about yourself
Hobbies
About my flying school, if it was good and also if my instructors were good
Why Ryanair
How you'll pay the type rating
When can you start the trining with us.

After few days I got the email and I was successful.

My advise is to work hard and try to improve where you have problems. They really need pilots, so if you had the same problem with the phone call, improve your english and then send an email.

Good luck to everyone ;-)