PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA delays at LHR - Computer issue
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2017, 06:59
BEagle

Received 270 Likes on 109 Posts
Indeed, FlightCosting! I read the CAA statement as a firm reminder to Cruz that 'extraordinary circumstances' cannot be considered to apply in this case - he brought it on ba with his policies.

Doubly unfortunate for Cruz that amongst the passengers stuck in his Heathrow chaos there happened to be a Daily Mail journalist and his family: British Airways doesn't deserve name, says Robert Hardman | Daily Mail Online

I don't imagine that this comment from Cruz (again from the Daily Mail) will endear him to many:

Mr Cruz's email asking his workers not to comment

Guys,

either you are part of the team working to fix this or you aren’t. We are not in the mode of ‘debriefing on what happened’ but rather ‘let’s fix this mode’.

I have been answering some emails from colleagues (thank you for the support) and I just finished a video for media and another for all of us. I suppose you will have seen our Twitter account and BA.com.

Now, your interest on today’s events is well noted. I am wondering if you would like to help out? Either LHR or LGW or anyone of our stations could use you, now. If you indeed can, drop me a message and I will connect you or go straight to the airport and make yourself available. I am sure they will appreciate your involvement.

In the meantime, if you do not want to get involved or cannot get involved, I would kindly ask you to refrain from live commentary, unless it is a message of support to the thousands of colleagues that love BA as much as you do.

Thanks
Full article at British Airways' cost-cutting boss gags his staff | Daily Mail Online