PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP! Florida flight school has taken my money
Old 29th May 2017, 04:09
TowerDog

SkyGod

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
. Hey billy bad @ss, have you considered you okay exactly into the schools' hand by committing a felony?
They now have your money for sure as you're counting ceiling tiles.
Again, if case some are dense around here: I am not trying to project a "bad-ass" profile, just pointing out that if somebody is sitting on your money and refuse to return them, if the legal system cannot help, there may be other ways to "negotiate".
You guys can roll over as much as you want, but I take that kind of behavior personally and get grumpy, probably more so now that I am 60 years old and not as patient as when I was 21 and in flight school.

As far as taking an airplane and holding it hostage, not my idea: I happened back in the late 70s or early 80s when I was in flight school: Some school in Florida declared chapter 11 or some such thing and told all the students their money was gone. One took a Cessna to a different airport and called the owner.
Don't remember every detail, but I have have the name of the school, not posting it, PM if interested.

Still have not heard back from OP, would be interesting to hear more, which school, why did you change your mind, how much money? Etc.
Some schools are more scam and sleazy than others: To other students reading this: Do not pay for the whole program in one lump sum ahead of the training.
Pay as you go, month by month perhaps. Have a separate bank account with the majority of your money, don't let the school draw from the account, you cut them a check, or pay with Credit Card, Not Debit Card.