PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Memories of the Connair murder-suicide
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2017, 04:03
KiwiBoyZac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stationair8
Spare a thought, for the engineer and apprentice who were working on one of the DC-3's, and looked up and saw the Baron fly past and into the hangar.
I think it was a father and son who were doing work - radios? - on the DC-3. I don't have their names to hand but I know the father has been interviewed about that day in one book.

I'm not doing this research with the aim of any sort of profit/monetary gain. Also I did point out I'm not trying to glorify him. I just want to understand what would drive someone to do this.

By all accounts onetrack is spot on and the man never accomplished much of anything! There are plenty of books, movies etc about criminals who are only known for doing one heinous act. There are whole TV networks dedicated to broadcasting sensationalised programming about criminals.

onetrack - if I've upset you by mentioning my project I do apologise. I only saw a tragic part of Australian aviation history that is sparsely covered online and became interested in learning more.

megan and pithblot - unless someone does the hard yards there's no way of knowing the full story. I've talked with a couple of writers, one of whom knew Forman personally, so I'm not the only one curious. I'm very much tempted to hand everything over to one of them so they can do it justice.