PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester bombing
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2017, 12:56
Danny42C

Can we not see that all the outpouring of grief which has dominated the media over the past few days is exactly the reaction that the terrorist hoped to produce ? - and that we are doing his work for him ?

This was a terrible business. But in 2013 (the last year that I read [Wiki] "Annual road fatalities - GOV.UK"):

"1,713 people were killed in reported road traffic accidents in Great Britain, 2% (41) fewer than in 2012. This is the lowest number of fatalities since national records began in 1926".

That averages 33 per week. Are we downhearted ? - No ! And in the "Blitz" (which many of us remember) the nightly toll was far worse.

The only proper answer is to report the outrage, then to ignore it. It may sound callous, but the best thing to say is (with Clark Gable in the final words of "Gone with The Wind"): "Frankly, my dear - I don't give a damn !"

If there is no reaction, then it is pointless for them to continue doing it.

Unrelated: was it really a good idea to have that huge, packed rally in St.Anne's Square ? How did we know that No.2 or No.3 was not waiting in the wings for a second bite at the cherry ?

Danny42C.