PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disappointing Magazine articles
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2003, 04:02
dublinpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Disappointing Magazine articles

Am I the only one who looks at the aviation mags headline and sees what looks like an informative article, only to be disappointed with the article itself?

I read Flyer & Todays Pilot....don't read Pilot so can't comment.

As an example...this months Flyer. Top of the cover page "Headset Compatibility: The problems and the solutions". The article goes into a bit of dept on the reasons for the problem. The solutions?.....a passing reference to diagnostic too available. No comment on what it does...or test of it, or alternatives. We all know about the problem! A bit more on the solutions would be better

This is just an example. There are numerious articles on flying to certain countries, billed as "All you need to know about flying to...", but only give a passing reference to what you need to know. In three year of reading these mags, I've yet to read a trip article that would be of any significant use when flying to that country.

So back to my original question....am I the only one to look excitedly at the articles billed....only to find I was mislead, and the contents don't match the headline?

dp