PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Long Service Medal for Officers
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 23:25
gijoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
gijoe.

In the same way that I don't begrudge someone else getting a good deal I don't think it should be one medal or the other. I think an LS medal for officers is long overdue. I also think it is a travesty that there is no Shader medal yet (I am entitled to an LS but no Shader medal).

My other point is my advice is to not be so quick to judge those with no Op medals. I almost hate wearing No 1s nowadays because of the shame of no decent ribbons. It's not my fault that I've never deployed on an Op (believe me I tried) but pouring scorn on all of us does you a disservice.

I admire (and secretly envy) anyone who has done the job for real but everyone's service is valuable. And remember no matter how much of a war hero you are there is always someone with a bigger d1ck!

BV
Bob,

The SHADER situation is plainly poor - and even poorer leadership by seniors to then say there is no cash, but we are giving out the LS to officers...many, many of which will have avoided volunteering or dreamt up some reason of the dicky ticker variety to not go on ops. There are loads of all 3 colours and I am sure serving members will know some.

But, Bob, well done for volunteering and trying to go, and I genuinely mean that.

G