PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester bombing
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 21:18
Lonewolf_50

Received 464 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by Hangarshuffle
We are in a spiral of violence, and all have to find something within our common humanity to break this horrible never ceasing circle. ~remaining handwringing removed~
Lack of a stiff upper lip is noted.

On the professional military and aviation level, I find myself both frustrated and in concurrence with Bomber Bolton per MPN11's post.
Fmr Ambassador Bolton on Fox, regarding the naming on US Media of the bomber ... "Some people just can't keep their mouths shut."
The inability to keep mum, and the never ending leaks of political convenience (and in this case possibly damaging to our ally who just had another nasty event transpire), has become ops normal. This habit was very disturbing to me when I was still serving (00's) because it was such a change from the Cold War era that I grew up in.
I won't repeat the mini-rant I posted on JB on the general lack of discretion: Bolton concisely summed it up. Sadly, whomever needs to read or hear that valid criticism won't pay attention.
There's a TV show called Orange in the new Black. Well, indiscrete seems to be the new normal.