PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 21:12
Danny42C

What a stunning flourish of Posts - just like old times. Settled down to comment, but went to sleep instead (happens at this time of day). No matter, pick up the threads ......

FED (#10705),
I know things were rather slack in '48, but how old were you ? Was the Boss happy with the family arrangement ? (Did he even know ?) Hostage to Fortune, I would've said !

MPN11 (#10706),
Said it before, say it again: they gave you a raw deal IMHO. Tailwheel to Nosewheel - fine ! Nosewheel to Tailwheel - NOT fine.

FED (#10707),
Provost T1. as a primary trainer ? Bit hairy ! On a par with the US BT-13 (which I'm still trying to forget). But at least we'd had 60 hours on the Stearman as a lead-in. Against a Tiger Moth ? No comparison.

JW411 (#10708),
"... (note: there is only one "L" in Valetta unlike the capital of Malta) ..."
Touché - I stand corrected (it's a fair cop, Guv !) Thanks !

harrym (#10711),
"...I have written up various episodes in my later flying career and might consider posting some of them if the demand is there (hate being a bore)..."
Consider no longer, please, Harry (it's later than you think). The demand IS there, believe me. You are NOT a bore ! As Geriaviator has said "Harry, this is just the sort of story we were hoping for!"

More of the same soon, please !

Geriaviator (#10712),
IMHO, the Pratt & whitney "Wasp" family were all much smoother than the Wright Cyclones, and their sound was more "sonorous" (can't think of a better word for it). Pity the pax didn't like four Merlins synchronised "on song". But on the overrun when the throttles were closed for landing, the popping, f##ting and banging might well alarm the faint-hearted.

Salaams to you all, Danny.