PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester bombing
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 20:20
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are in a spiral of violence, and all have to find something within our common humanity to break this horrible never ceasing circle.
Ask yourself questions. Are we actually giving people the excuse to attack our people, when we allow British Aerospace to export weaponry that is then used to kill civilians elsewhere in the ME? Can this be mis-interpreted by the gullible or hateful alike?
Invading Iraq... we attacked them. Launching air attacks in Libya to hasten out a regime. Was it really that helpful to us, in the great scheme? Afghanistan. Syria. We keep thinking of reasons to attack countries, fight in countries, be involved in countries and its so easily twisted to suit a response like we have just seen.
In trying to counter this violence against us, I wouldn't start from here. Many mistakes have been made. Keep being made. Spiral.
I personally cant see an end to it, not ever in my remaining lifetime and that is profoundly depressing.
I cant see a point for tit for tat killing on our side or theirs. Likewise I don't think militarily we can defeat them regardless of how many we kill, and how, because its a multi headed hydra.

Channel 4 news tonight an ex CIA spook said the sensitive information keeps being leaked to the NY Times again and again by disgruntled Govt. operators in a attempt to embarrass Trump and undermine him.
But anyway, interesting though the thread is we all know this is Prune. If its not about Chipmuncks in 1962 Yorkshire or good old days in the RAF, close it down.