PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 18 Year old with a dream
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 15:13
Halvdan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I for certain think this is a so special case that it will certainly have to be evaluated individually. As I understand the seizures are all completely gone you have a normal EEG's.

I would think "time going" since all this happened is your friend in such a case. As longer as you function a normal life both subjectically and objectically (confirmed by the examinations), the better are your chances I would say. Of course without any possibility at all to give any premature assurance of anything. This must as mentioned likely be a desition made by several instances of the AME combining information and data.

But my advice, your age also taken into consideration, is not right now to aim straight for a Medical Class 1 (if you planned to do that). Start by trying to get the Class 2, take flying lessons and really see if this is what you in case really want to do and possibly even then want go for further. If you manage that, get your PPL(A), collect some experience and flight hours over a period, and then show the authorities that your are really able to fly safe and can show back on absolutely no instances during any flights that can be related to what you have been through.I strongly advice you at doing this it in this order, and believe having this experience to show back on would be an advantage that the AME's would take into concideration when- and if you still then consider to go for a Class 1.

Just my 2 cents and good luck! :o)