PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL MEIR training in parallel with a full time job
Old 24th May 2017, 17:32
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL MEIR training in parallel with a full time job

Hello

I currently live in a city in which there is no ATO, but there is an airclub that will do 60% of the IR training in partnership with the nearest ATO (who will do the 40% remaining)
The nearest ATO is one hour away.

I just got a new job, which prohibits me from taking full time vacation in order to train for my CPL MEIR.

I was thinking about the following programme :
- Flying 4 hours per week end (one in the morning, one in the afternoon) for the required duration in order to get my CPL (about 6 weeks)
- Flying 4 hours per week in the evenings and week ends to do the 60% of the IR SE (about 6 weeks)
- Flying 4 hours per week end to do the remaining 16 hours of training for the IR SE : (about 4 weeks)
This as amounted to 16 weeks, so 4 months, and I may be able to get a full time week of vacation :
- Doing the conversion IR SE to IR ME in that remaining week, or over 2-3 weekends.

This would take me 4.5 to 5 months in order to train for my CPL MEIR.

What do you think of this rather unconventionnal method of training ?
To me, it would be much cheaper, both because the airclub is cheaper, and because I would be keeping my salary during these months.
It would also mean much more flying hours (no simulator available in these two structures)
Is it realistic, or will it cause technical problems in the learning process ?

Wouldn't airlines look down on that kind of training ?
I could also do the IR-SE+IR-ME entirely in the ATO instead of doing it 40-60.

Thanks