PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit Activites and Layovers
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2017, 15:38
Amadis of Gaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is indeed too broad a question. I, for one, do mostly 4-day trips, so I work something like 4-on/4-off or something along those lines. That sometimes changes because I've only recently upgraded to the left seat, so I'm back on reserve, but, fortunately, I'm so junior that they assign me trips in advance, so I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing.

At my airline we have hard lines, so theoretically you would fly with the same pilot all month, but I've always changed my schedule around and flown with different people. Still, I've managed to fly with the same people quite a few times as well.

Our layovers are between 14 and 35 hours, with somewhere around 16 being typical. Most of the time we're at the hotel within an hour of blocking in, barring traffic issues. We also have long- and short-stay hotels, the latter being close to the airport, sometimes even walking distance.

As for hitting the bar/restaurant together, some people do it and some don't. I don't drink, so that makes me more of a slam-and-clicker, but I do enjoy getting together with other crewmembers for breakfast in the morning before heading out. But that's just me.