PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loadmasters
Thread: Loadmasters
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2003, 23:49
Mikeloady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been reading the comments on this site and the drivel on the military site I feel quite ashamed at the level of the slagging that has been going on.
As an EX-RAF mover and a civvy loadmaster of 14 years standing(most of the time ) I can say without doubt that the loadmasters flying for commercial companies today are some of the most competent and professional 'tradesmen' around, regardless of whether they came from a civillian or a military background.
What is really needed is a high level of flexibility,professionalism,honesty,common sense,good communcatiion skills and above all a bloody good sense of humour.
As for ex RAF loadmasters, I would agree that not many of the 'old breed' would fit into the commercial environment, but times are changing, the new breed could (and probably will in time) adapt with relative ease.
These days it is hard enough for professional loadmasters to stay ahead of the game, with so many ('rock solid') companies going to the wall. So I say we should be looking out for each other, regardless of backgrounds, and help maintain the high standards that have come to be expected of ALL of us.

Lets stop slagging each other off!!!!