PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First time on a BA A380
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2017, 03:10
Hokulea

Received 134 Likes on 69 Posts
All,

As promised I will write a brief review for those interested about our experience on this flight. We landed yesterday (only to learn of the sad events in Manchester) and basically, the flight itself was a wonderful experience. I'll post that review in a few days when we're not so jet-lagged.

The one thing that really spoiled the experience was the lack of accessibility help once we were at the gate. We had to stay on board for a long time (probably close to half an hour), delaying the flight crew from leaving because no-one turned up with wheelchairs (we were not alone, there were a few others who had to stay on the plane as well).

The flight attendants were wonderful but pleaded with us to write a letter of complaint. I can understand why. This makes them look bad when it's the fault of the airport because as I understand things, in the UK it's not the airline's responsibility for this (it's the airline's responsibility in the US).

I'm happy to write such a letter. Does anyone happen to know who I should write to, is it BAA or someone else? It's not as if this was a last minute request, I added the request for help when I made the booking several months ago. I know I should have asked the flight attendants, but was pretty knackered after a very long journey and just didn't think of it after I said I'd write a letter.

Many thanks in advance.