PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C172 ferry YLRE-YWCK
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:07
MakeItHappenCaptain

Location: Hollister, Hilo, Pago Pago, Norfolk Is., Brisbane, depending which day of the week it is...
Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Squawk7700
Great that you've found someone and a nice offer to help someone out with their hours.

I once offered something similar and got replies asking if it was G1000 equipped. That's Gen-Y for you!
You ain't seen nuthin' yet...
Had a student pestering me to sign off his GNSS in his logbook because previous school had "forgotten". Told him to sit in on a course I was running (which he spent most of running in and out to answer his phone, to the obvious annoyance of his fellow countrymen, they were military, he was a self sponsored hairy legged hostile who wanted to drag a leather case through the terminal and sip coffee) and show me a practical exercise.
While discussing the G1000 differences (course utilised a GNS430 base) he piped up with, "Yes! During my ppl solo navs, all I had to do was tell it where to go, and the autopilot would fly everywhere for me!"...
Incredulous look, followed by, "You're telling me you never flew any of your own solo navs?!?". Realisation what he'd admitted to sets in...
Asked to demonstrate entering a flight plan.
1) "Direct to" button
2) First waypoint
3) "ENT" button
4) Scratch head.....

Same student trying to submit a NAIPS plan for an IFR flight (CPL "qualified", by the way) tried to convince me no-one had ever shown him how to lodge a plan electronically.

Told him if I could I'd cancel his CPL...

ps. When highlighting his lack of knowledge during second COMMAND instrument rating test fail, (nagged because had done his minimum hours, so I gave him enough rope) Testing Officer asked what he would do when something went wrong. Response? "But that is what the Captain is for!" Faaarrrk me....

pps. Stay off riA fluG.

Last edited by MakeItHappenCaptain; 22nd May 2017 at 21:19.