PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:31
Kgn6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all there have been quite a few experienced pilots employed at easyjet UK bases, both type rated and non type rated, with similar if not more experience than you quoted earlier. Remember experience is not the complete package. Just as BA likes to employ a certain type of candidate so does EZ. All airlines like to employ persons who will most fit in with their company culture. This might be where there is the disconnect is. Funny thing is that there has been quite a number of very experienced pilots who have been turned down by BA because they don't fit in with speed bird's culture, plus those who resign because they don't enjoy it there.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't most of the BA pilot body products of their own cadet scheme?
Originally Posted by Enzo999
With the greatest amount of respect I don't think there are many aspects of Easy I don't understand. My original point was they obviously don't value experience amoughst their FOs and nothing that has been said on here has made me change my views on that. You can give the party line all day long about cadets being full of "raw talent", follow SOPs perfectly and doing exactly as they are told Blah Blah Blah, but personally I think they are preferred because of the 9 million in revenue they will bring this year and the years of reduced pay untill they either leave to BA or make command (then the whole process starts again).

Anyway luckily for me BA did see some value in me (despit my lack of ability and talent compaired to a Cadet) so I have a good job, but there are lots who don't that will yet again miss out on an opportunity at Easy.

Anyway this could go around in circles for ever, and for the record I am not saying EasyJet are a bad place to work or a bad company, simply that they value profit more than the experience levels of FOs and maybe they are correct to (but to admit that opens up a huge can of worms for us all)!