PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet more evidence that CX is mismanaged
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 19:47
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Starbear
The basic problem is that this lot have received(bought) so many awards both externally (Skytrax etc) and internally (world leading IT -jesus h christonabike-really) they genuinely believe their own crap. The Airbus A330 conversion course was very recently referred to (internally) as world class. Anyone suffering that piece of nonsense agree?
I honestly do not think this is salvageable.
I think this is what professional investors call a broken corporate culture. Only a true change agent can right the ship. Near as I can tell, the Swires do not have such a leader in their midst. Cutting a few hundred middle managers and office staff, despite the arguable appropriateness of such actions, will not fix things. Done improperly, it may well make things worse before they can get better.

CX is grossly behind on IT and lags (or lacks) industry standards in many areas of the operation. We witness those failures on an almost daily basis. Our product deteriorates, and costs run rampant. In some portions of the Company, CX can't even quantify their own expenses holistically because the vertical silos are so disconnected. It's like trying to run when not even able to walk yet. We are in trouble, and cost cuts alone won't fix it. I sure hope they have a decent plan, but there are no indications of that thus far.