PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAe ATP. What was wrong with it?
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2017, 17:20
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 117 Likes on 84 Posts
" the objective was simply to build a brick ****house structure"

You can safely delete the preface of brick when commenting on the ATP..

I had a close look at the Sun-Air ones in Denmark and they were clearly rarely used and in very good condition. One look at the flaps underneath the exhaust was enough really....they were still intact from manufacturer and didn't have any of the usual patches / PRC / any chunk of metal will do to cover the cracks.....there were a lot of cracks in that area.

As a bit of thread drift, we were taken to the North of Denmark in their J31...it was a "shade lumpy" at low level below about 3000ft ( ish ) but thereafter was fine. Alas, travelling with me was the quintessential "Brit abroad meets dedicated Waste of Space " employee...he would only eat junk food when out of the UK, or, in Toulouse, "steak,well done, and chips !"...you can imagine how that went down with the hotel staff and strangely enough, my meals arrived before his.....however, on the day, it was amusing to watch his knuckles turning white as he gripped the seat arm on take off and on the approach.....along with the white face and "OMG, get me out of here ! look".

Normally, I am very sympathetic to people who are afraid of flying, but, sometimes, karma as they say comes in many forms.