PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-LOC
Thread: G-LOC
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 10:18
TJ69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm wondering about any after effects of g-loc in the subsequent few days.

A pilot experiences g-loc (or more likely a-loc) in that he remembers coming out of a sustained 180 pull at about +5g from a down line, not "entirely sure" of what's happening for a few seconds but with the a/c now straight and level at least. It is of course a symptom of these states that the pilot can have no recollection of the g-induced problem!

No aerobatics in the previous 18 months apart from half a dozen sub 4g gentle loops, stall turns etc. a week before i.e. no build up of g tolerance and lost whatever he used to have.

The pilot then reports light headedness for the next couple of days - nothing that deters him from from most normal daily activity, but feeling certainly like he should not fly. The only other symptom reported was a little of the "squirts" 36 hours later.

Is there a longer-term (i.e. A few days worth) of symptoms associated with overdoing the g? Or is is perhaps another related issue such as dehydration or a slight cold/fever exasperated by flying outside of one's curent g tolerence?