PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Yet more evidence that CX is mismanaged
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 00:13
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that think John Walton, the gentleman who wrote the blog in Flex88's post, has exaggerated the shoddiness of the seats, perhaps those of you who get the chance to look at the cabin in the A50 should do so.
I have only recently looked in the A50 cabin, and even though I only had chance to look at the business seats, either I was on exactly the same aircraft as Mr Walton flew on, or sadly, the problem is more widespread.

To view poorly fitting trim, mismatched joins, flaking laminate, badly fitted material, was very disappointing, and the list went on. How these seats were accepted for use is beyond me, and with minimal use already, looking as bad as they do, I doubt they will last well.

And these seats are what we are doing to try and retain/attract premium passengers?
If this is the level of management oversight and decision making that we now have, then our beloved airline may indeed be doomed.
It's not a 30% management clearout that's needed. It's more like a fresh set of eyes with a sound business mind, a blank sheet of paper and a new approach.