PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naples Air Center (NAC) for fATPL
View Single Post
Old 19th May 2017, 05:45
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
B2 - so true......

And there's nothing wrong with Canada. Whether it's boring or not has nothing to do with your purpose for going there. Florida is boring too - it's flat to stop the oranges rolling away To quote Gene Hackman - "I woke up and thought I was dead - but I was just in Nebraska".

In fact, Canada might be easier to get into these days. You certainly won't get better float training, and if you do the IR, you still get to use NDBs, so you won't waste your time learning new stuff for the EASA version.

Suggest you have a word with Adam at Harv's Air (quite close to Winnipeg, which has on average 256 clear days a year). But there are other places, I just have personal experience with them. canada411.com is the nationwide telephone directory - flight schools will be found in it.

Another thing to consider with the DIY route is that you get a viable piece of paper (i.e. a PPL) quite early, so you can take advantage of stray hours, should you be lucky enough to bump into someone who owns an aircraft. If you do a full course, you don't get any paperwork until the end of the course, if you pass it.

Lastly, take a lesson from the scabair (cabair) debacle, and DON'T PAY ANYTHING UP FRONT, except maybe for that day's flying. Schools ask for money up front because students have been known to stitch them up with the invoicing system, but it goes both ways.