PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 22:38
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, Ryanair guys and easyJet are on much lower hours in winter months too. Receiving very little pay in numerous circumstances, there is not much of an additional benefit in that regard I'm afraid. My current airline are very well known and also in the acmi business, before Christmas I bumped into a pilot I know doing office work. Why? He hadn't been flying for 3 weeks because there was no work, he offered to help in the office. And I can guarantee you that you would recommend applying to a cadet scheme for this carrier.

I'm not aware of smartlynx running a 6 month contract with anyone yet but I will admit I don't know 100%. However if they did, we aren't on that. They would obviously reduce the temporary guys in winter and stick to permanent contract guys for the hours that are available.

And you keep speaking about a Ryanair scheme, they haven't got one as far as I'm aware. I simply used them to demonstrate how this integrated course leading to a job costs less than going modular and without all the hassle. They have a programme for people who already took the plunge and got their license self sponsored. If you're saying getting your license self sponsored on the hope of getting Ryanair is better than a cadetship with an airline who have proven themselves capable in the industry then we have very different ideas of what makes sense and what doesn't.

As for easyJet, they would have cost me £50,000 more. Do you realise I can get my license and open a business with those savings? Smartlynx may not be the most famous or have a track record (simply because they are new to this, nothing bad has been said about them by any pilot who flies for them that I managed to get in contact with, there is absolutely no reason to suggest we're all gonna be shot after the TR), but to suggest spending £50,000 more to fly an orange A320 over a white one is a bit remiss.

Current smartlynx guys are nearing the end of ground school at BAA. The airline have been engaged and supportive is what I'm hearing from the first group. Yes of course we won't know the full outcome until the end, but I think the tones here are nigh on scaremongering. Those reading this and not commenting will be smart enough to read and spot the truth in it all. My post was intended for them. There will of course always be a number who think easyJet will give them everything no one else can ... whilst they leave them £50,000 out of pocket for no perceived extra benefit.

I wish you all goodnight!

Last edited by Officer Kite; 18th May 2017 at 22:51.