PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 21:58
BAe 146-100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Officer Kite
Further to this, they must be doing something right considering their clients are currently Monarch, Thomas Cook, easyJet, El Al, TUI Fly Belgium and they previously have done some flights for Ryanair too. These are not Mickey Mouse contracts. So there must be something about them. Having worked in the industry I know just how rigorous and stringent the audits are when it comes to trying to be awarded a wet lease contract. It is anything but easy, SmartLynx have a proven track record of managing to deliver to these top airlines every time though
Your slightly missing my point. I was was referring to the facts they have no track record in a integrated scheme and putting them in successful employment like RYR or EZY, that is what you should be focused on. This is the first time they ran a scheme, and for one of a better word you guys are being trialed.

So instead of opting (or trying to opt if you pass) a tried and tested RYR or EZY scheme, this scheme with Smart lynx is not tried and tested.

Also to add this type of airlines (along with Avion and Small planet) regularly recruit on 6 month summer contracts only because there is not enough work to go round all throughout the year, while RYR and EZY is a 365 days a year operation.

It is good if it works out fine, but it can no way be compared to those airlines schemes at the moment with no track record to look back on.