PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 15:14
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think Hannah is still there in that role is she? As far as I know someone in SEN management is looking after the FBO part-time which is not encouraging.

I wonder if there may be an announcement at EBACE if the Business Travel News report proves correct which may put the FBO on a more substantial footing. They were in negotiation with a large international organisation a few months ago so maybe that is coming to fruition but if it only involves a couple of bays of the ex-Lasham hangar I really cannot see it making much of a market impact. I believe there was a scheme to build a new FBO on the site of the old freight shed and I really think it needs more than the current facility in the old passenger terminal. Time to either come up with a state of the art facility or otherwise keep muddling along as they are currently.

tws123

I'm sure you are right that CGN and REU are struggling, certainly my own recent researches showed them to likely be the poorest selling by route capacity of all 14 Flybe SEN routes. I really cannot see CGN working for SEN as a once daily and it won't even attract most of the Ford traffic as such.

SEN Observer

PRG was also late departing yesterday with a computer update problem so I suppose it's possible it was something similar today. It was certainly something that cropped up after the pax were loaded.