PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 23:02
AirsideOps787

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as my heart would like to see Manston re-open, can some of us take a small dose of reality here please? I'm sure Dr Dixon is very good at what she does, but looking at her profile she's written a lot about aviation, but her profile doesn't show any actual operational knowledge or experience. In fact, Azimuth shows that her experience is 'airport related projects'. Whatever that means?

“We are in the process of discussing with local colleges and businesses how best to maximize career and supply chain opportunities in Manston.”

Really? Tell me, how many PSAs does it take to passengers on your supposed freight focused airport? Are there that many ATCOs, Fire Fighters and Operations personnel who are qualified in the Thanet area ready to fill those roles? Clearly a massive jobs creator there.

Even if you were successful, you actually need people with management experience and knowledge to run the damn place! The CAA would expect those appointed into safety critical roles e.g. Accountable Manager, Safety Manager, Compliance Manager, Manager ATS, Manager RFFS to be competent. And you don't go to a local college for that!

Can you honestly seen experienced professionals jumping at the chance to work at an airport which has a worse financial record than most third world nations? An airport that is going to be losing money hand over fist from the moment it opens, with the hope of an airline or two taking the risk of operating from there. Given that one of the worlds most respected airlines has already said it won't be back?

I know were my C.V. is going to be. In my desk.