PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Relevance of specific MCC-course
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 16:32
Ronaldsway Radar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbish. Pilots have been trained that way and made the jump from CPL/MEIR (and the predecessors of these specific courses) to an airline job for decades.

Personally I think this is another way for airlines, notably FR, to profit from those who are all too happy to hand over the dough for no particular reason.

That said, I don't disagree that there is a gap between the CPL/MEIR courses and a jet FO position, but if I'm not mistaken that is what the Type Rating course intends to address? After shelling out thousands and being in debt for years, I'm not too keen on airlines shoving that training responsibility back on to students on top of MCC, which really would benefit from being operator specific and thus included in initial training.

Maybe I'm just too averse to handing over silly amounts of money for duplicating aspects of training. But it seems that every few years there's a new reason to extend training/funding with still not even a glimmer of a job unless you successfully navigate through the ever increasing hoops!

Last edited by Ronaldsway Radar; 17th May 2017 at 16:42. Reason: Spelling