PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Election 2017
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 12:14
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Hangarshuffle
Got the Labour Manifesto tonight downloaded. Defence is down on page 120 and to be honest I think its pretty reasonable on defence.

Labour Manifesto

Funnily enough I cant see anything about ******* off the Public Schoolboys for more plebs and proles (which is a pity, it reduces the class war pitch of the manifesto) but there's much more about retention, why so many are leaving generally.
Yea maybe I was a bit hard on the Public Schoolboys, not all are bad I admit it. In retrospect, in these days if you've had the privilege of a public school education (and all that that buys in with the network) and you volunteer for the military, you aint right in the head anyway

*1 minute on the internet shows me the head of the navy and the head of the army both attended public schools. Maybe the nets wrong? No idea about the crab, me suppers burning I've got to go . What percentage of the UK working population went to public school anybody?

It is quite reasonable position to take, the thin ice would be the SDSR which everything will get poured into should the election go to the Labour Party. There has always been the Marxist and centrist elements, the Defence manifesto remains as it was under Ed Millibnd. However, that it has not changed radically is because Corbyn's probably understands that now is not the time. Once in office and through the review, that is when the sharp knives will come out. Just an observation!

FB