PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Negativity in the industry
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 09:37
Jwscud

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
The people who don't have much to moan about tend not to post so much in these sections.

For the record I am very happy having trained at the bottom of the cycle in 2010 and hopped loco/bizjets to Big Airline but having been lucky enough to be in the right place & time in the job market. I have done 5 years of short haul loco and bizjets flying and just over a year of long haul and very much enjoy my job. I like going to work although with a v young family the time away can be difficult.

If you want moans I am happy to give them over a beer (just look at "Living the Dream" on YouTube) but the wannabe section on PPRuNe does provide a bit of a negative view as many posters are unsatisfied job hunters and few come back to share their success as they probably don't want to be seen as boasting.

I am at the bottom of a legacy payscale with no training loan and am not at risk of a higher income tax bill from Jeremy Corbyn on my current basic but have few issues paying the mortgage and keeping the wife and baby in suitable style as the sole earner in the household.