PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 08:32
chesna152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Expressflight
asdf12134

I'm afraid you're wide of the mark with your interpretation of my post but if it came across as proving me "a diehard defender of all things SEN" then I'll clarify it.

I would have posted those thoughts anywhere on PPRuNe where flight_mode had posted his "rumours" as I thought they suggested negativity as to the professionalism and competence of the Powdair Airline project. It is because of my involvement with start-ups over the years that I try to put such unsubstantiated statements in perspective. This I tried to do to add a bit of balance to the discussion. I am not involved with the Powdair project by the way.

I certainly am a diehard supporter of SEN while also being it's strongest critic, but I make my criticisms known where they may have some effect and not on a public forum. I'm sure that you will withdraw your remark that I "may even be an unofficial promoter of the owner of the airport" when I categorically assure you that I am not.

Apologies for the thread drift but I felt I needed to make my situation clear to all.
...again without wishing to drift too far, why some of us may be guilty of defending Southend too much at times I also like to think, as expressflight said we can also be realistically critical when it is due.

In this case flight mode was doubting the ability to run an overall successful operation from Sion. However, the exclusion of the fact that Swiss ran a scheduled winter operation to and from the airport is of course highly relevant in rebuking your arguement.

I struggle to see a) why this point is not understood/seen as relevant by flight mode, and b) why expressflight should be criticised for making it.

Just a reminder that this is a discussion forum where all points and input are surely welcome, whether you agree with them or not is a different matter. To make assumptions and challenge motivations for people's input is definitely not welcome, well not by me anyway!