PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bizjet Crash at Teterboro, New Jersey
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 03:14
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Old Boeing Driver
Would Flightaware show any of the track that close in?
It appears that the plane did not have working ADS-B equipment, at least I can't find an ADS-B or MLAT plot on any of the usual sources.

The FlightAware data has a final point at 150 knots and 600 feet from New York TRACON:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/.../KTEB/tracklog

The Port Authrority has one of those nimby noise tracking pages that sometimes yields another plot but I'm not sure I see the Lear at about 1530 local on 15 May:

WebTrak

Originally Posted by givdrvr
Even when you initiate the circle in a timely manner, with strong NW winds, this maneuver is very challenging. The rwy 1 threshold is also displaced closer to the circling radius.
I've done airliner sidestep maneuvers at places like Mexico City and Atlanta where you shoot an approach to one runway and then swing over to land on a parallel runway with a closer threshold. You are instantly high on path, have to pull off power while judging the bank and rate of descent to remain stable.

Pulling off power to get on the VGSI while wrapping up the turn for a late transition to runway 1 might have been the setup for this seemingly experienced crew. Although the CVR readout and transcript publication normally take a while, there is often a gist of the contents released within a few days stating whether there were indications of an abnormal situation in the voice recording.