PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 09:40
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
450 and 300 are cadets the numbers speak for themselves! Defend it all you like, bottom line is people are missing out, myself included. Over the years I would loved to have worked for EJ and at times would have given my right for it. For various reasons I missed the whole EJ craz for cadets and have only ever tried getting in as a DFO (rated I might add), having passed selection twice and twice been fobbed off with seconds officer position or contract positions the whole thing pisses me off. For my personal curcirnstance EJ would be a perfect fit, short haul with no seniority list and UK bases. But I have a mortgage and two children my days of working for very little are well behind me!

All I asked in the past was they value my experience offer me a job that represents my 6000 hours Airbus time and in return I would give them the rest of my working career. One way or another I have ended up working for BA and now have to sit around for the next 10 years waiting my turn for command all the while Easy Cadets of a couple of years experience are getting command and that 145k salary!

The whole industry sucks, there are many people on here for whom it has worked out and that's great feel free to be smug. Remember your job is the one I want but have been unable to get, just don't pretend Easy Value experience because they very clearly don't. I don't suppose a ten fold increase in winter losses will do much to change their feeling either.

Last edited by Enzo999; 16th May 2017 at 10:13.