PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Squirrel helicopter crash in Bergen, Norway May 2017
Old 16th May 2017, 09:24
G-SASY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alphanumeric
Agreed.

I also have a suspicion G-SASY is friends with the pilot.
Sure we are friends, and proud of it. As it happens I have flown the same route with Q years ago; London, Perth, Shetlands, Bergen. Q was very professional and well prepared; insisted on immersion suits, lifejackets, personal EPIRBS, carry a life raft, floats fitted to heli, extensive preflight checks and briefing, all subject to having perfect weather. I have to assume he approached last weeks flight with equal professionalism.

I'm a little disappointed in some of the bitter postings on this forum. The three chaps have been through a hell of an ordeal I hope none of us have ever to face. Clear from the interview, Q is still suffering from shock and fearful for his friend, which I think we should all understand.

I've done the dunker training (but never the real thing) as many of you would have done. It is very disorienting and getting back into the heli three times in 8 degree water to save others would be very challenging and more you could reasonably expect from the average chap.