PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Stapleford and Fairoaks
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 09:12
LCYFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Stapleford and Fairoaks

Good morning , i am looking at some options for air travel for a small company i own. Most of my staff are based in the City,Docklands with others in South west London and Essex.

Our clients are located mainly in Carlisle , Paris ( Le Bourget Airport ) and Bern-Belp

Stapleford is 20 mins from some of my staff is based and likewise in Fairoaks

For these missions we're in advanced talks with a company about buying flight hours for a King Air , despite these airports being 20-25 mins from most of my staff my concerns are that the runways 1000m and 800m are too short and i don't think these airports have an ILS approach which would be important especially for early morning fog.

For Luton and Stansted we don't see the benefits outweighing the cost at this moment. For London City we believe this is out of scope aswell. If Stapleford and Fairoaks are not ideal we will consider Luton , Stansted and probably Biggin Hill or Cambridge.

Questions

Is it safe for a King Air to operate out of Fairoaks ( 800m ) and Stapleford ( 1000 m) ? is it legal ? balanced?

Would you recommend the other more larger airports?

Is the King Air the right plane for the mission? ( typically 4-8 passengers )

Alternative Questions

We noticed London Executive Aviation operate from Stapleford i've been told that that they can't carry passengers to/from Stapleford does anyone have information on this? as we may consider chartering from them.

Thank you

Nathan.