PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 19:01
wowzz

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
We don't know for certain whether or not those here will be allowed to stay as our illustrious leader can't or won't give them that assurance, but like you, I believe the reality is that they will. There may well over time be a "Canada" effect, where relatives die, and the urge to "go home to see the folks" diminishes.

Personally, I think that migrant workers will continue to come to the area to do the jobs they do now, in similar numbers, as in the real world British people simply don't want to do the work on offer, and would rather sit on their backsides whinging that they can't get jobs than take those that are available.

If the government were to really tighten up on migrant workers, and force those "can't work / won't work" in the population to work, then Wizz could suffer, as they may from increased automation in agriculture and horticulture
Living in Lincolnshire I am astounded by my neighbours complaining about 'all' the immigrants, and in the next breath winging about the cost of locally grown veg. When I point out that the cost of veg will go through the roof if the immigrant labour has to return to Poland/Rumania due to the Brexit vote, there is a look of total unawareness in their eyes. I despair!
Sorry - thread drift.