PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 10:21
A350Saltire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
They launched a consultation last November on a Masterplan through to 2040. This included closing the cross runway and extending the terminal across it. There's a link from a press release on the media pages in November

tp://www.edinburghairport.com/about-us/airport-expansion

Is your information more recent? After all the consultation period would have ended at the start of the year.
This appears to be a recent development i.e. subsequent to the publication of the Masterplan. I have no idea what has happened to get them to conclude that they should push on with a major expansion straight away but it looks as though that is what is going to happen.

The information came from a respected poster so in my humble opinion there is no reason to doubt it.

With regards to closing the second runway and operating with one causing issues, it doesnt seem to bother Gatwick who operate with a single runway and many more aircraft movements day-in, day-out.

We have been saying for years that EDI needs some proper investment to not only take care of its current needs but provide robust infrastructure for the future and it looks as though GIP think the same.