PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill
Thread: Biggin Hill
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 09:38
noneya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

The reason for Biggin Hill.... Is the convince for the owner.. Specifically the drive time to his hotel. If it takes longer to get to his hotel than it does from Luton, we are absolutely not interested.

We are just drivers, it really matters none what nice things are around the airport, even though it is nice. As the manager of the plane, my job is to: #1 get him to his destination safely! #2 to the most convenient airport to his ultimate destination, #3 to negotiate the best price to fulfill #1 and #2.

We could continue to Luton and it would be no problem, but then I feel I would be negligent in my duties. Luton and Biggin Hill are both @50 mins drive time to his hotel via car service. Biggin Hill is 17 Pounds per hour to park, Luton is over 100. Biggin can accommodate our plane and we can arrive and leave from there to anyplace we want to go with no issues. We have reviewed all other airports with the same drive criteria, and Biggin Hill is the best option for all in operational issues and pricing.

So my original post was to find out if the service is worth the price. If we had only heard horror stories then I would not make the change from Luton. But thanks to a few posters, we will give Biggin Hill another try and see if it fits our operation and if the owner is happy with the service he receives.

I will revet when we have this trip in the books.

Thanks for all who posted.
J