PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates terrible Customer Affairs
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 07:06
Gulf Julliet Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi GT, I'm in no way related to EK but just some points on what you have said into MAYBE why you would of not got anywhere....

1) Despite what passengers seem to believe it is never, ever, the cabin crews job to lift passengers bags into and out of the overhead lockers. If a passenger cannot place their own bags into the overhead locker they have either over packed, or in your case, should of requested assistance at the time of booking or at check in. Assistance is for anyone that requires extra help, no matter what it is, from check in, to seated on the aircraft. This includes bags in the overhead lockers. If you see a cabin crew at the overhead lockers, they are going outside of their job to help, and it should not be a given.

2) It's hard to comment on the whole post, however I've noticed a lot of airlines only check the first time the seatbelt signs go on now. This is fine for me, because it prevents people been woken up over and over again to check seat belts are on. In the same paragraph as people "wanted to sleep" this looses merit. At the end of the day it is the passengers responsibility to follow any reasonable command given by the captain or crew.

3) Are you sure breakfast was meant to of been served? I've just checked the EK34 and no breakfast appears on the menu in business?

Another couple of small points...

- You immediately weaken your position / peoples opinion as soon as you say "not even offered me xyz", you should never expect compensation of any form (except in EU261 cases) if you have got from point A to point B, it is up to the airline to offer, not for you to suggest.

- Go easy on the cabin crew, there is many many reasons they are not smiling or chatty that is not what you paid for. It can range from a poor day stop with minimum rest, their body clocks don't know where they are, bad news from home, flying an overnight flight with no crew rest, a purser who has pissed off the whole crew, a ridiculous passenger complaint from another flight which they may now get in trouble for etc etc. Just because you can sit back and relax does not mean they can. What you have paid for in terms of cabin crew, is highly trained individuals, who can get you and your fellow passengers out in 90 seconds when it counts.

I'm not doubting you feel that the level of service did not meet your expectations, just trying to point out some other ways of thinking...