PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 05:42
Sarah77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ibis18
Hey all
I've been waiting 3 weeks for my ASIC checks to be completed, and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
For those that have done medicals -
1) How soon after the background checks were all ticked did you receive your medical email?
2) How long did results of the medical usually take?
3) How long after medical results submitted did you wait for the golden call?
*Applied in May 2016, and am currently overseas (if I don't go through, I will live here for awhile), so I'm just a little worried with the time frame of getting back to Aus before the SYD 24/5 and 5/6 GS start dates!
Any info much appreciated. Please and thank you in advance!
Hi there
I applied May 2016 and rec'd my golden call last week for training in Mel early June. My ASIC checks were completed (took about a month) in August 2016. I was then placed on "active hold" until end of April this year when I rec'd my medical email. I rec'd the email on a Friday, booked a medical for the Monday, had some vaccs on the Wednesday and the next day my doctor emailed my results to QF. Less than a week later I rec'd the golden call wohoo...
I believe the recruitment will be ongoing for some time now so hang in there and stay positive and I'm sure it will happen. Hopefully the new applicants wont have to wait 12 months until getting the job however it is a big possibility. Good luck.