PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates terrible Customer Affairs
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 20:52
globaltravel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem without going into too much details is as follows:

Sector from the U.K. to DXB night flight.

1. On boarding the aircraft my elderly companion was struggling to reach the overhead lockers to put her baggage in, opposite side of the row, the cabin crew just stood their and saw her struggling and carried on chatting among themselves without even a courtesy of asking her if she needed any help.

2. The service took three full hours to complete, everybody was tired and the time between each serving was well in excess of 30 minutes (starter, main course, desert), that I and other passengers just politely said it's taking too long and wanted to sleep. The crew were quite cold and didn't have a single smile on their face. The lights finally went off with about 3 hrs remaining to Dubai. The lights went to full bright for 10 minutes with 1:50 mins to Dubai, then it was turned back off, it may have been a mistake when adjusting the lights. The seatbelt signs kept being turned on and at no point did the crew come and verify everybody had their seatbelts on.

3. No breakfast was served at all, when I pressed the call button nobody responded, so I wanted a glass of water, I went to the back of the galley on the upper deck A380 as I was travelling in Business class, the cabin crew were just stood around the bar talking among themselves and showing each other stuff on their mobile phones.

This is hardly a consistent premium service but on the contrary quite sloppy and poor, so no it was not a case of the champagne being incorrectly chilled.

The service was not worth what we paid for.