PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What...?
Thread: What...?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 05:50
felixthecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 2000 hr requirement is excessive
OMG That says it all... when 2000 hours is considered 'excessive' for a newbie to get on a 777/A380

Just to clarify - I'm not on an MPL course. It is CPL/IR then the A320TR
It does strike me that the old 'crusties' (of which I'm one ) criticise the new generation Cpl IR straight to jet route Next Generation guys, who in turn look down on the MPL as being just a step too far. Every step down that ladder we take we erode not only the terms and conditions of the next generations but we erode safety.

2000hrs is nothing to be in a heavy over the North Pole 207 ETOPs etc etc when the old crusty in the LHS keels over, then something else happens (always happens in 3's doesn't it ). Make no mistake you are there for such moments, not just to go for A-B and take pictures on the beach. The road to the heavies used to give people that experience, you simply don't have it with 2000hrs.

Would you really want a doctor straight out of med school to be operating on your heart or the like? I certainly wouldn't. I want the old crusty who has served his time, started on simpler tasks, tonsillectomy and the like etc etc before he gets his hands on the tough stuff.

Last edited by felixthecat; 14th May 2017 at 06:16.