PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas QCCA - Wannabes & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 01:54
crewflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roamingthesky
Good afternoon everyone 😇!
So just a quick update , I applied in May 2016 for Syd base , external no flying experience . I completed my medical early this week , cost $315 and $210 for twinrix vaccine . If you want to save money, Sarah got some great tips in the earlier posts for the vaccines. Finger crossed for everyone who is at this stage and waiting for the golden calls.

Crewflyer and galleyhag , may I ask if you know anything about ground school for may and June ? Are those classes will be endorsed on the new world fleet ( A380/B787) or mainline ? Much appreciated .

For all the hopefuls who applied in April this year , this is a long process so patience is much needed, keeping busy is a key. having additional language is definitely an advantage such as mandarin. But it will come down to how well you perform at group assessment together with video assessement . I would jump at the available slots when receiving the email asap, that can determine how early you are likely going to be in ground school first. There Are lots of discussions about video interview tips in the earlier posts like Mn mentioned , please take your time to read back. Just a few points worth mentioning , it is not likely someone will disclose the questions asked so everyone will have a fair go , however they are all customer service based questions such as situation when you go above and beyond ..etc , remember to smile , practice recording yourself on iPad. I was nervous and was pretty crap at answering questions to be honest but make sure you answer ALL questions , don't skip any questions. Best of luck ❤️🎉
Hi,

Unfortunately I dont know which aircraft type you will be endorsed on. The ground schools that have been through for longhaul in the last 12-14months all have been mainline (B747A330) I believe. So I can ok only assume that the ground school in May will be mainline (dont quote me on it though). Training for the B787 can't start until they come to an agreement for EBA10. EBA10 outcome should be completed by the first week of June. So if EBA gets approved training for B787 can then commence otherwise its back to renegotiations. I do know that they have training scheduled for late July/August for B787 so they are trying to get this EBA10 approved. Time will tell.