PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Samsung excess battery drain
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 22:36
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Having failed to keep some of the apps I want and at the same time keep the battery use under control I want to root my S3 and remove some of the bloatware. Can anyone point me to a definative list of what services are used by what apps, what processes are needed by what apps etc? There are many processes that I cannot stop without them instantly restarting, I suspect that I don't need all of them.

The biggest battery user seems to be triggered by my Fitbit app. The first time I forced it to stop battery drain went down to about 1% per hour. After using the Fitbit app to download my data from the Fitbit I now find that I cannot stop it. I click the force stop button and it immediately restarts. I think an update has installed since it was last stopped. The pending update process also seems to use a lot of battery until you OK the updates and let them happen. I now have to charge my phone every day, where it used to last me 3 to 4 days per charge.

During the investigative part of this hunt for battery wasting apps I un-installed the Maps app. I have just re-instated it and it now thinks it needs to have access to my personal contacts list! Why? Can I avoid it having my contacts but still use the Maps (with or without route guidance)?