PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Life
Thread: Pilot Life
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2003, 01:28
Brad737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it ain't foreveryone--but

I've found that those who chase the almighty dollar tend to be unhappy with whatever choice thet've made. Doctors, pilots, whoever. If they've chosen a profession in which they lack a passion then it wears thin sooner or later. I fly and have enjoyed all of my jobs, even the unenjoyable ones. Yet I know pilots that sincerely hate their job and wish they could retire NOW or go back in time to re-do their life. These personality types would feel this way ussuslly no matter what, or maybe they really did pick the wrong line of work for them(I suspect the former). In a recent study, a majority of doctors responded that they would not pursue medicine if they had to do it over again. It takes as long to become a professional pilot as it does to become a doctor. Once you've invested that much effort into one field it's virtually impossible to change direction so be very sure what any career involves before committiing. Flying, as in any other endevour, rewards, or bestows lady luck, differently throughout the ranks. If you make it, great. If not, at least you enjoy what you're doing which is more than many many others can claim.