PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What...?
Thread: What...?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 19:47
gardenshed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Momo95 without as others have said wanting to piss on your bonfire, please read your own words here.

"I am aware many hate the career, many view it as boring, the cash involved is ludicrous, t&c's are dropping across the board etc etc ..."

And you still want to join the party !!!

Cadets in yester year spent many hours in smaller machines, learning the trade so to speak as second officers, in the Hamble days, as BA were the only ones to my recollection doing cadets in the 70's & 80"s in the UK, gaining many hours before becoming First Officers. No licence to F/O, to Big Shiny Jet in 2000 hours did not happen.
I came up what was called the self improver route and hit my first jet with 1000 hours which was still cock all, and can tell you like a lot of my colleagues at the time, the learning curve was mighty steep.

As a Cadet you will be qualified to sit in the Right Hand Seat of whatever aircraft you are put on, but as someone who used to have to train Cadets, I spent many an hour operating as single crew because the person in the RHS hadn't got a clue what was going on, and that's not criticism, it's a fact of life, due to the inexperience of the person in the RHS.

As said before get your licence and time in before suggesting that 2000 hours is too much to be considered for a 777 or whatever. Only time and age will knock the BSJ syndrome out of you, you are not the first and definitely won't be the last, but at the end of the day an aeroplane is an aeroplane, and you will drag it from one airport to another at unsocial times of the day, for less pay and more hours.