PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interrogation awareness or resistance training
Old 13th May 2017, 14:08
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 422 Likes on 222 Posts
I'm glad to say that having been an escapee during quite a number of E&E exercises, I never got caught once so never got to experience R to I.

("War story" warning). The closest I got to being caught was on a night E&E when two of us were "bounced" from behind by a party of searchers. We ran, vaulted a wire fence around the farmer's meadow field ahead of us only to see more search force running towards us on the other side. In the melee I quietly lay face down in the grass, just over the fence where we'd crossed. One of the search force came bounding over the fence behind me, trod squarely on my back without realising it was me, then ran off across the field, capturing my crew partner, who had tried to outrun them but hadn't got far. All this commotion attracted the large herd of cows in the field, who came right up to the fence near me and one started sniffing me. From the comments heard from some of the search force they weren't at all used to dealing with cattle and moved back. I lay still for a few minutes, carefully and quietly got to my feet and crouched, which set the cows trotting back across the field. I trotted off in the middle of the herd then just kept going. A while later I sussed out the RV, waited until I knew the exercise was coming to a close then walked quietly in.

I never saw my crewman again until we returned to base. I heard later they had taken him away and tortured him by making him drink NAAFI tea without sugar. But I got hot chocolate!